Pages

5.29.2013

Sightseeing in NYC

Because it was my second time in New York, I had told myself to really enjoy NYC as New Yorker. However, there are always a few spots you just need to visit. And why not? A must-see is a must-see for a reason! So I made my choice of favorites and some places that I never visited before and ended up to do a little bit of sightseeing after all.


9/11 memorial
The 9/11 memorial was still being build when I visited 5 years ago, now it was ready and I was curious to see. And I must say, it was very imposing and really grabs you by the throat. The spots where the two twin towers stood, are now deep square waterfalls, with the names of all victims encrypted in the marble. Impressive to see. 



 


Brooklyn Bridge






The Apollo Theater in Harlem
(where I visited a show of Geri Allen)


Grand Central Terminal



The NYC Public Library 
(where Carrie gets stood up by Big)



Central Park & Strawberry Fields






The famous MET stairs 
(that features a lot in Gossip Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment