Pages

6.23.2013

O My Bag was having a KiKi!

Bags, sample sales and food: you can easily call them three of my weaknesses in life. So when Jos, my roomie, invited me to the sample sale of O My Bag with catering of Vintage Food, she asked a rhetorical question. Of course I would join! I can enjoy bags & food even more when it is produced in a fair manner. O My Bag is an initiative of Pauline, who was in search of a practical, classic and original bag for both work and going out and couldn't find one. She then decided to start up her own company, designing her own bags and producing them ecofriendly in India where she supports the local economy as part of the milennial goals in fighting poverty and encouraging women empowerment. O My Bag has now several selling points in other countries and last Friday celebrated it's 2 year anniversary. To celebrate, O My Bag threw a Kiki , with a sample sale, music, food and drinks. Totally in style, the food was from Vintage Food that wants to build awareness on how much food get's thrown away in the Western World. They use food that is a day old (that they get from wholesalers) that would have been thrown away. They receive the food and then think about the recipes they can create with it. I loved the idea and their food even more! I enjoyed some melon soup, bruschetta with home made hummus and pesto, stuffed mushrooms and breadpudding. De-li-ci-ous! It shows that it can be done to cook good food with left overs, so remember that the next time when you stare into your fridge and think you don't have anything left. Think again and maybe you can create a surprisingly good meal. Good luck!



 




   



 






No comments:

Post a Comment