Pages

10.21.2013

Autumn Menu

I am a sucker for pumpkin. If you want to make me happy, feed me a pumpkin soup. It works like chocolate, I am only focused on my food when I eat a good pumpkin soup. But since I live with a guy now, time has come that I can't eat pumpkin soup every other day. Apparently, it is not a meal. *Sigh*
Despite my dissapointment, I did not want to surrender just like that. Therefore, I found a way in still  eating pumpkin (almost) every other day. And that is with roasted pumpkin, as a side dish of course. Today, the roasted pumpkin accompanied a steak with raspberry compote and goatcheese.

What do you need (2 persons)?
1/2 pumkin, in thin slices
thyme
honey
olive oil
dandelion salad
vinegar
mustard
pepper & salt

steak 
goatcheese
raspberry compote

What do you do?
Slice a half pumkin in thin pieces and put in an oven platter with (a good amount of) olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Roast it around 25 minutes, get it out of the oven and shift the pumpkin slives around. Roast it for another 10 minutes. Get it out the oven again and sprinkle honey on it, after that roast it another 5 minutes. Please check the pumpkin now and then with a fork, it has to be soft with crunchy on the sides. Get some dandelion salad on a plate and make a dressing with olive oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper and salt. Sprinkle it on the salad and put the roasted pumpkin on top.

Grill the steak with pepper and salt. Put it on a plate, put 3 small slices of goatchees on top (that way it melts) and some raspberry compote to complete it.

Bon appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment