Pages

4.24.2013

Visiting the NeighbourFoodFlea Market

What I love about Amsterdam is that you can visit a market almost every Sunday. I already told you earlier about the Sunday Market, the Pure Markt or the IJhallen on Sundays. Almost all of these markets in Amsterdam are organized monthly. However, since there are so many, you can easily enjoy, feed and spoil yourself on such a market every Sunday.  So guess what I was doing last Sunday ;)?
My dear friend and old roommate visited me with her daughter. With the Sunny weather, I decided to go to the NeighbourFood market. This market is all about local farmers, cheese- and sausage makers, cake bakers, barista's and wine lovers. Shortly: it is just for anyone who eats, cooks and shares food with love. And man-o-man, what do I feel happy when I am there. I tasted the most lovely chicken-peas pizza from two hardly English speaking Italians. A Spanish tortilla with Spinach suprised me positively. I topped it off with a very very delicious cake, made of dried fruit, nuts and coconut. And swallowed it away with a smoothie. And some wine, since it was after 3pm already :) Oh yeah, and the neighbourFLEA market points to the small and cozy vintage market they have. Not convinced yet? Then the beautiful surroundings of the Westergasfabriek will. 
See you there next month?

If you don't want to wait a month for such a good Sunday event, then please also check out Zondagmiddag bij VLLA , trash to treasure  or Klerenbende. I will inform you about these lovely markets in the near future as well!








  











No comments:

Post a Comment